School Uniform Policy
The school colours are purple and grey.
Wearing the correct uniform is an important part of being ready for school. We rely on parents to support with this.
Affordable and sustainable:
We recognise the need for school uniform to be affordable for families. We only require our school sweatshirt/cardigan and PE t-shirt to have the school logo on and to be bought from our supplier and junior children to have the school tie. All other items can be purchased from anywhere parents choose; supermarkets are often a more affordable option. We do offer a polo shirt and zipped P.E. hoodie with the school logo on which are optional items.
* The sweatshirt, cardigan, polo shirts, P.E. t-shirt and tracksuit with the school logo are available from Edgar Jerome Ltd, 7 Wellington Street, Aldershot GU11 1DX, www.edgarjerome.co.uk. They also sell other uniform items.
A more sustainable option: We always have a selection of good quality second hand uniform available, sometimes including unworn or hardly worn items. We ask for a £1 donation for these items. Please contact either of the offices at any time to enquire whether we have an item you need. If you have uniform your child has grown out of that is still in good condition, we would be pleased to receive these to add to our stock.
If families are struggling with the cost of school uniform, we are very happy to discuss how we could support. Our Home School Link Worker is often able to access charity funding for families in financial need.
- Long grey straight legged trousers with grey socks OR Grey skirt, pinafore dress or culottes with grey tights or long white or grey socks (not trainer socks)
- School purple v neck sweatshirt or cardigan with school logo *
- Infants & Woodland Centre: White polo shirt (school logo optional *) Juniors: White long or short sleeved shirt and purple school tie *
- Black sensible shoes (not trainers)
- Warm/waterproof coat
(May be worn from Easter until October half term)
- Short grey trousers with grey socks (not trainer socks) ·
- Purple & white gingham dress or playsuit with white socks
- Black sensible shoes are required with summer uniform - no sandals
On hot, sunny days children will not be allowed outside without a hat. Navy blue school baseball caps (adjustable and washable) can be purchased from the school for £4 or children can wear a sun hat from home.
- School purple PE T-shirt with school logo*
- Black shorts or plain black cycling shorts (just above the knee) for indoor PE
- Navy tracksuit (jogging bottoms and sweatshirt) - plain or with school logo*
- Trainers for outside
Available from the school office:
- Book bags
Jewellery is not allowed, with the exception of wrist watches, which must be permanently named, and earrings, which must be small, plain, round, silver or gold studs.
Children must be able to remove earrings themselves for P.E. or they will not be allowed to take part. If you decide to have your child’s ears pierced, please do this at the start of the summer holiday as it can take six weeks for the ears to heal.
Sensible and appropriate haircuts are required for school. No ‘tramlines’ or close shaved cuts are allowed. All long hair should be tied back at all times using plain hair accessories, purple, navy, black or brown.
No nail varnish or make-up is allowed.
All articles of clothing, including shoes, need to be clearly named. Please check regularly that the name has not faded if you use a pen to name label the clothing. We find that woven name tapes are the most successful method of naming items of clothing. Unnamed items of school uniform will be held in the school office for a maximum period of two weeks. After that time, due to the lack of space in school, they will be placed in the second hand stock to be sold.