Welcome to the Year 3 section of our school website.
YEAR 3 CLASSES:
3B: Mrs Bunkham, 3CJ: Mrs Jenkins (Mon/Tues) Mrs Cleaver (Wed-Fri), 3H: Miss Hayman
Mrs Bunkham is Y3 year leader and should be your first port of call, after the class teacher, with any concerns.
IMPORTANT AUTUMN TERM DATES FOR YEAR 3:
- Monday 18th December: Year 3 grandparents' tea and Nativity
- Thursday 21st December: Last day of term finish 2pm
- Spring term starts Thursday 4th January
IMPORTANT SPRING TERM DATES FOR YEAR 3: (Letters with details of events will be sent nearer the time)
- Thursday 4th January: Start of term
- Wednesday 10th January: Y3/4 Film Night (details to follow)
- Tuesday 16th January: Year 3 to Living Rainforest
- Thursday 1st February: Year 3 Football Festival (selected children only)
- Friday 2nd February : Orange Mufti Day in aid of Help 4 Harry
- Thursday 8th February am: ‘Cinderella’ performance for Y2-4 pm: Swimming Gala
12th—16th February: Half Term
- Monday 19th February: School closed for INSET day
- Wednesday 21st February: Y3/4 Maths Workshop
- Week Commencing 26th February: Book Week
- Week Commencing 19th March: Life Education Bus
- Tuesday 20th March: Parent Consultation Evening 3.30-8.00pm
- Thursday 22nd March: Parent Consultation Evening 3.30– 6.00pm
We are always pleased to receive offers of help in school in other ways too, for example helping in the library, helping with gardening in the class raised bed or accompanying us on visits.
If you are interested in offering your help you will need to have a current DBS check for William Cobbett. Please see your child's class teacher to express an interest and a member of office staff for details of how to apply for a DBS.
ITEMS YOUR CHILD NEEDS IN YEAR 3: (ALL ITEMS SHOULD BE CLEARLY NAMED PLEASE)
1. A pencil case containing several sharp pencils, a rubber, a ruler, a pencil sharpener, a set of coloured pencils and a glue stick.
2. A PE bag containing the correct PE kit. Please remember that all jewellery, including earrings, must be removed for P.E.
3. An old shirt which can be used for Art activities.
4. Dinner money or packed lunch.
5. A bottle of water.
We would greatly welcome a donation of a box of tissues from each child as we always seem to get through them very quickly!