Sport & Clubs
Sport at William Cobbett School is fun and open to everyone!
At William Cobbett we aim to create a broad and balanced P.E curriculum, containing a series of enjoyable challenges to support and extend the children's abilities so that they can achieve their personal best.
The P.E curriculum provides pupil's opportunities to develop physically, socially, emotionally and cognitively through a programme of sporting fitness incorporating gymnastics, dance and games. A positive social attitude towards team games is fostered enabling the children to understand the importance of team work and co-operation.
Our aims in teaching P.E are that all children will;
- Be physically active and find enjoyment in physical activity
- Develop an appreciation of health, fitness and the benefits of an active lifestyle
- Develop positive attitudes towards physical activity including fair play and perseverance in line with the whole school ethos.
- Consider the needs and interests of all pupils
- Access the curriculum at their own level and achieve their personal best.