At our school, children have plenty of opportunities to have a say on how the school is run.
Each class chooses pupils to represent them on both the School Council and the Eco Team (two pupils per class for each from the infants, one per class for each from the juniors). These children take ideas from their classmates to meetings and have a chance to report back afterwards.
We have two focus areas this year, selected from the School Development Plan:
- to make our library a warm and inviting place to be
- to make everyone feel happy and safe in school
The School Council will be aiming to put some of their ideas into place this year.
We are aiming to apply for the Eco Schools Green Flag this year which will involve work in these areas:
- reducing school energy use
- making good use of the different areas of our school grounds
- promoting wildlife and nature