YEAR 6 HOMEWORK SCHEDULE 2019-20
Your child will receive weekly homework tasks, which will be recorded in the Homework Book.
This will include:
1. Reading on a daily basis for at least 10-15 minutes. Please ensure you ask your child 2 or 3 questions about the text. Record any comments in the Reading Record Book, as it is a useful means of communication between home and school.
2. Spelling homework is set on a Monday and handed in on a Friday.
3. English homework will be set fortnightly alternating with Maths homework.
4. Maths homework will be from MyMaths and need to be completed online. We expect that the children spend up to 45 minutes working on this task. These tasks are to be completed by the Friday.
There is a homework club that runs once a week should children need greater support or cannot access the internet for the MyMaths tasks.
6. Cornerstones – we will provide the children with inspiration sheets and timescales for projects to be completed by. These are a wonderful chance to be creative!
After Christmas children will have Maths and English every week.