YEAR 6 HOMEWORK SCHEDULE 2017-2018
Your child will receive weekly homework tasks, which will be recorded in the Homework Book.
This will include:
- Reading on a daily basis for at least 10-15 minutes. Please ensure you ask your child 2 or 3 questions about the text. Record any comments in the Reading Record Book, as it is a useful means of communication between home and school.
- English / Cornerstones homework will be set fortnightly. It will be given out on Monday and collected in on the Friday of that week.
- Spelling: the children will receive spellings to learn and practise daily each week. These will be given out on a Monday and are to be returned on the Friday of that week.
- Maths homework will be set alternate weeks so that it does not clash with any English homework. It is set on a Monday. This will mainly be from MyMaths and will therefore need to be completed online. We expect that the children spend up to 45 minutes working on this task. These tasks are to be completed by the Friday.
There is a homework club that runs once a week should children need greater support or cannot access the internet for the MyMaths tasks.
At a glance:
- Reading every night for 10-15 minutes.
- Alternate weeks: Maths and English/topic tasks. Set on Monday for Friday.
- Spellings: Set on Monday for Friday.