YEAR 6 HOMEWORK SCHEDULE 2017-2018
Your child will receive weekly homework tasks which will be recorded in the Homework Book.
This will include:
- Reading on a daily basis for at least 10-15 minutes. Please ensure you ask your child 2 or 3 questions about the text. Please record any comments in the Reading Record Book, as it is a useful means of communication between home and school.
- An English based homework, which will be set fortnightly and will include grammar and spelling activities. This will increase to weekly after Christmas. Set on a Monday. Due in on Friday.
- Weekly spellings will be sent home to be learnt.
- A larger project may be set, taking between two and four weeks to complete and will be science, humanities or art based.
- Maths homework will be set alternate weeks so that it does not clash with any English homework. It is set on a Monday. We expect that the children spend at least 45 minutes working on this task. The homework should be handed into the relevant Maths teacher on the Friday.
At a glance:
- Reading every night for 10-15 minutes.
- Weekly spellings to be learnt
- Fortnightly/weekly Maths and English tasks. Set on Monday for Friday.
- Larger project that may take between two and four weeks to complete.